BIG ANNOUNCEMENT



I’ve been changing things up a bit here and so I thought I’d take a minute FINALLY to talk about the big changes. So, for starters I want to say that I am no longer “brand loyal” to any business other than Blush Brush and Blow Dry by Erika with a K. I am loyal to my business and what it stands for: Beauty+Integrity. I’ve morally been here for years but it took me too long to physically get my brand here. I am proud to scream from roof tops that my business is OFFICIALLY 100% CRUELTY FREE! 

What does this mean? In 2019 brands are still testing their products on animals. And we, as a society, allow and support it by continuing to purchase products from those said brands. I just want you to really think about that. Or maybe look up what some of those testings include. It may not seem like a big deal to some but to me it is a HUGE deal. So I’ve been working on some major changes in the last few months to seamlessly get us to this new place. 

What does all of this mean for you? By sitting in my chair you are taking part in something bigger than we are. A less cruel world with a little more humanity, dignity, equality, compassion, beauty + integrity than it had before. All of this comes at no additional cost to you. 

What does all of this mean for Blush Brush and Blow Dry?
I was once a proud Makeup Artist of MAC Cosmetics and an even prouder colorist of L'Oreal Professional. Never once in my 14+ years of repurchasing and promoting these products did I ever stop and think if they align with who I am morally. I am a huge animal lover and spend much of my days wishing I could do more for animals. Donate time, money, blankets, adopt... anything and everything but never once looked in the mirror and realized I am one of the biggest frauds. I am sitting here thinking of ways to be a better human, to make a bigger impact than "just doing hair" and never once considered the vicious cycle I was perpetuating by spending thousands of dollars per year supporting these companies that continue to test on animals. Now this isn't a personal attack on anyone who doesn't care and it is not an attack on these brands, because there are SO MANY brands that continue to test on animals, these just happen to be the two that I most often use professionally and personally. This is a personal attack on my own character. I gave up eating animals 4 years ago but never once gave up my beloved color line or cosmetic line that treats animals as if they are disposable. I repeat, this is not a personal attack on anyone other than myself. If you choose to continue to purchase from brands that test on animals, I only hope that you look up the testings first. I hope that awareness might make you look at things differently... but if it doesn't, I am no one to judge anyone but myself and my own actions.

What brands will I be using?
As a professional color line, I have taken the time and done months of research to find a brand that lives up to my professional color standards without having to harm animals in the process. I found a brand that truly speaks the language of my heart and fully aligns with who I am morally. I am proud to say that I am officially a Kevin.Murphy Colorist. The Kevin.Murphy Color.Me professional color line is ammonia and PPD free. It is created with responsibly sourced naturally beneficial ingredients that help moisturize and rejuvenate the hair, while imparting incredible shine and color – all without stressing or causing harm to the environment. Did I mention that this brand speaks the language of my heart?

I became a proud retailer of R+CO Styling Products, formulated without parabens, sulfates (SLS or SLES), mineral oil or petrolatum. They are all VEGAN, cruelty-free, gluten-free and color-safe. This brand is the embodiment of my soul with incredible packaging (which you all know I don't fine relevant but in this case I NEED to mention it, because it's THAT good!) but more than that incredible styling products... 2019 brides, I see you.

For all my Brazilian Blowout Fans, I am now offering a safer alternative backed by science and naturally based, that aligns with my moral beliefs. Proudly offering Zerran RealLisse, known as "the Vegan Brazilian Blowout". Sounds too good to be true but it's not! Zerran has been around since 1986 (the year I was born) and have always been vegan, cruelty free and paraben free. Zerran is also the pioneer of what we know today as "Hair Insurance", using ultra refined vegan protein to strength and condition hair during all color and lightening processes. 

As a certified Makeup Artist I am now a proud supporter of Beauty without Bunnies. Bringing you the best the industry has to offer without sacrificing the lives and well being of animals.

I said to my husband at the start of this, “Isn’t it amazing that we can think of something and do it.” With the desire to do better comes great responsibility and an even greater reward. Thank you for your continued love and support, without it I wouldn’t be where I am today.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." -Gandhi


I hope you enjoyed this post and/or found it useful! To continue to show support for me and my efforts, check out my cruelty-free, woman-owned small business, made in the USA! https://www.roxdollcosmetics.com/
It's the hair, scalp, and skincare you DESERVE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Happened To Me After I Left LimeLight By Alcone

NEW OLD SHOES HAUL TRY ON SHOE COLLECTION

Gloss, Glaze, Toner, what's the difference?