When All Else Fails, Tuck It In!


Fashion is funny sometimes. I can see an article of clothing from across the store and know that I HAVE to have it. It doesn't matter if it's my size, I will make it work when I get home. Take this shirt for example, I found it at my local Marshalls, randomly hanging at the end of a rack without another like it in sight. I grabbed it off the rack, didn't even check the size and purchased it. It was truly love at first sight. Like most "love at first sight" situations, it took me a little longer to figure it out. Where should I wear it to? What should I wear it with? And most importantly HOW should I wear it?  I tried it on a few times and ask my husband for his opinion, each time he said he loved the shirt. I personally just wasn't 100% with it. Each time I changed my outfit and never committed to wearing it. I felt boxy and just NOT like myself. The funny part is, I don't have a "specific" style that is me, but I know when I put something on and it's not me. Boxy clothing isn't me, I am too curvy with too thin of legs to wear it. Boxy tops and boxy dresses, often makes me look larger than I am, by making me look top heavy. I feel most like myself in clothes that accentuate or compliment my body. So I put this shirt in the closet and hoped one day I would figure out how I wanted to wear it. It spoke to me on the hanger, so I wasn't giving up on it.


One day, I was scroll through my instagram and made a complete stop when I saw this picture from Liketoknowit, a fashion app I follow. I thought, how did I not think to wear it like this? Back to basics, just tuck it in! I do remember a time in my life, not so long ago, when I would only wear shirts that I could tuck in. I have since deviated from that but now, as only my obsessive personality would allow, I am back at it, tucking in everything I possibly can. Such a clean and polished look. Plus it makes the clothes I already own, even more versatile. I love clothes and the wonders that they create when worn right.


 I wore this outfit on Christmas Eve, it screams ME! I felt so much like myself, I can't wait to wear it again! I am looking forward to wearing the next shirt I can tuck in too!

I hope you enjoyed this post and/or found it useful! To continue to show support for me and my efforts, check out my cruelty-free, woman-owned small business, made in the USA! https://www.roxdollcosmetics.com/
It's the hair, scalp, and skincare you DESERVE!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Happened To Me After I Left LimeLight By Alcone

NEW OLD SHOES HAUL TRY ON SHOE COLLECTION

Gloss, Glaze, Toner, what's the difference?