Journey to Minimalism

I am on a journey to minimalism and I'm starting with my wardrobe.

Do I need this? Does it bring me joy? Adapting the Konmari method, nope I didn't read the book, I just googled the "cheat sheet" if you will. Old habits die hard! Those are the questions I will now ask myself when I put an article of clothing on.

I remember "reading" an interactive book as a teen called Life is a Movie Starring You. To this day I still remember the lessons I learned from it. The one that stands out among the rest was a statement about your wardrobe. You should always ask yourself, is life a movie starring me in this outfit? The answer should always be yes because you are the star of your own movie... you are the star of your life! If you don't feel like "life is a movie starring me..." then don't wear the outfit.

I think about the beautiful chaos of my life over the past 5 years. I think, did I stray from this basic principle? Did I get lazy? Insert big fat excuse here: It became a literal struggle every morning to open my closet and dresser drawers because they were literally over flowing. Not because I have an abundance of clothing but because we were living in such tight quarters before our home extension. It definitely didn't make me feel inspired to put together an outfit, it just made me anxious.

No more excuses, as you can see, I have a brand new closet with more than enough room and a desire to live a more minimalistic lifestyle. I plan to take this slow and steady, with weekly installments of cleaning out my wardrobe. Next week I plan to start with my work wardrobe. As a colorist I have a very separate wardrobe from my everyday life. The last thing I would want to do is ruin an expensive piece of clothing by getting color on my top or pants. And as a bridal hairstylist and makeup artist, I have a very different wardrobe from my colorist wardrobe. All black everything... well sometimes I add in black AND white.

Something you should know about me is I am VERY funny when it comes to clothes. If I have an outfit I want to wear to a specific event, I will not wear it until that event. I am very particular with what I wear and when. We all have our own little quirks, mine happen to pertain to my wardrobe. That being said, are you ready to take this 2018 style journey with me? Subscribe to my YouTube Channel if you haven't already and let's hope my inner hoarder doesn't show face!

I hope you enjoyed this post and/or found it useful! To continue to show support for me and my efforts, check out my cruelty-free, woman-owned small business, made in the USA! https://www.roxdollcosmetics.com/
It's the hair, scalp, and skincare you DESERVE!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW OLD SHOES HAUL TRY ON SHOE COLLECTION

What Happened To Me After I Left LimeLight By Alcone

Gloss, Glaze, Toner, what's the difference?