What Does Our Style REALLY Say About Us?


Back in the day, circa 2008/2009 I was rarely ever seen without a flower pinned somewhere either in my hair or on my outfit. Think of Laverne and her "L", from Laverne and Shirley. At some point through the years I dropped the flowers. I guess when you allow other people to influence you so much, you start to lose a sense of who you are. Come to think of it, I stopped wearing costume jewelry as well. I don't know if I lost touch with my sense of style or if I lost touch with a sense of who I am. All I know is something was lost along the way.  I am sure I wrote it off as "growing up", as if flowers signified immaturity. I assure you it doesn't. Fashion and style does not represent a level or lack of maturity. It simply represents what you like and the side of yourself that you want to show to the world. Having the guts to say, "hey I want to wear a flower today" isn't a sign of immaturity. It's a sign of knowing yourself and knowing your style well enough to say "this is what I like, this is who I am!"


Last week while working with my assistant on my reselling biz, I came across my flowers in an accessory bin... and I decided to keep them. Not as a reminder of who I was, but as a reminder of who I still am. The one who marches to the beat of her own drum. The one still wakes up and says "this is what I like, this is who I am." Never be embarrassed by your style. Never be ashamed of who you are. Be proud of who you are and how far you've come. And if you lose your way during your journey, never think you are too far gone to turn back around. If ever, who you are and how far you've come is too much for someone else, remember that is a reflection of who they are and their own insecurities. It is not a reflection of you. 

I'll end this post with one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite TV shows because it is all too fitting..


“The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you that you love, well, that's just fabulous.” - Sex and the City


I hope you enjoyed this post and/or found it useful! To continue to show support for me and my efforts, check out my cruelty-free, woman-owned small business, made in the USA! https://www.roxdollcosmetics.com/

It's the hair, scalp, and skincare you DESERVE!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW OLD SHOES HAUL TRY ON SHOE COLLECTION

What Happened To Me After I Left LimeLight By Alcone

Gloss, Glaze, Toner, what's the difference?