BB Cream VS CC Cream

If you have been looking up what in the world these BB and CC and whatever other double letter creams they decide to come out with are, you've come to the right place. If you've been here before, you probably know that I like to give the facts or rather the "what it's supposed to do" followed by my opinion on what it actually does.

What is a BB Cream?
"BB" stands for "Blemish Balm", which is a creamy, lighter weight foundation that is meant to do what a foundation does, while moisturizing and protecting your skin from the sun. 


What is a CC Cream?
"CC" stands for "Color Correcting" which is also a creamy, lighter weight foundation that is meant to even out skin tones, while moisturizing and protecting your skin from the sun.

BB Creams and CC Creams are pretty much a single step up from the tinted moisturizer when it comes to coverage. They provide more coverage than a tinted moisturizer and less coverage than a full coverage foundation. Think of a BB Cream and a CC Cream as the link between a tinted moisturizer and a foundation. Each of these creams/ moisturizers serve a similar purpose, with a few specific benefits to each. So which is right for you? Now I will speak 100% from personal experience, as if I haven't been this entire time! If you are looking for something light weight with a "tint" of color and you don't have blemishes or redness or an uneven skin tone, I would use a tinted moisturizer for every day use. If you have blemishes or oily skin, I would use a BB Cream for everyday use. If you have dry skin, redness or any other uneven skin tones I would use a CC cream for everyday use. I stress "everyday use" because each is a great alternative to a full face of full coverage foundation when running errands. BUT I am personally always ready to take my makeup application, for a night out, to the next level of full coverage!

I hope in no way to deter anyone from purchasing or trying out any product they have an interest in or want to try. You should always draw your own conclusion just as I have done.

I hope you enjoyed this post and/or found it useful! To continue to show support for me and my efforts, check out my cruelty-free, woman-owned small business, made in the USA! https://www.roxdollcosmetics.com/
It's the hair, scalp, and skincare you DESERVE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW OLD SHOES HAUL TRY ON SHOE COLLECTION

What Happened To Me After I Left LimeLight By Alcone

Gloss, Glaze, Toner, what's the difference?