NARS One for All Radiant Creamy Concealer Review

 Ah yes, the good ol' sample review from yours truly. This is definitely becoming a thing for me and I can't lie, I dig it. I received these NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer samples from, where else but, Sephora. Let's be honest, I am not on the PR for any company, let alone NARS. Since I got these samples from Sephora, it never hurts to copy and paste the entire description from the Sephora website. I was never one for paraphrasing. 

"What it is: An award-winning concealer that provides medium-to-full, buildable coverage and corrects, contours, highlights, and perfects. What it does: Ideal for all skin types, Radiant Creamy Concealer is a multi-action formula that instantly masks imperfections, blurs the look of lines and wrinkles, and hides dark circles and signs of fatigue. The botanical blend hydrates, firms, reduces redness, and strengthens the look of skin by helping its barrier retain moisture. Light-diffusing technology evens out the complexion so that skin appears fresh and natural with a radiant finish. It also delivers antioxidant protection to help shield skin against damaging free radicals. The Mineral Tone Balancing Powder works to optically correct, not mask, imperfections. Unique powders even the skintone and provide invisible skin correction so skin that skin appears radiant, fresh, and natural. It’s infused with a Multi-Active Botanical Blend, which is loaded with magnolia bark extract, grape seed extract, and vitamin E to help hydrate, reduce the appearance of redness, and improve skin resilience by promoting moisture retention. Light-Diffusing Mineral Powder reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and helps even out skintone. What it is formulated WITHOUT: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates What else you need to know: "Makeup shouldn’t cover your skin, it should enhance your natural beauty, not mask it."—François Nars, Founder and Creative Director of NARS Cosmetics This product is free of alcohol and is dermatologist tested, ophthalmologist tested, and non-comodogenic . It is an Allure Reader’s Choice award winner. Research results: In an instrumental measurement moisture test after 1 hour of use: - Skin moisture level jumped by 46% - 100% of the test panels showed improvement in skin moisture level In an instrumental measurement moisture test after 12 hours of use: - Moisture level in the skin increased by 60.6% - 98% of the test panels showed improvement in skin moisture level In a clinical independent study on 61 participants: - 89% felt the product leave the skin looking firmer - 93% felt the product effectively conceal dark spots, blemishes and dark under eye circles- 80% felt the product blur lines and wrinkles - 97% felt the product provide comfortable wear - 95% felt the product smooth out the surface of the skin - 93% felt the product was long wear o 90% felt the product left a creaseless-finish - 97% felt the product was lightweight on the skin"


If you've been here before you know that I like to tell you guys about the canvas I am working with. I have very dry skin, but I moisturize daily. I would have patches of white flaky skin if I didn't. As a higher end brand, I am typically an NW25-30 in MAC concealers depending on the time of year. In a drug store concealer I am a 25-35 in Maybelline Fit Me. Having said that, the options I had available to me with the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealers were Vanilla, Custard and Hazelnut. Vanilla was way too light so I used it as a base for my eyeshadow. Custard was also too light and Hazelnut was way too dark. I used Custard for my under eye because it was my best option but I think part of my negative feelings towards this concealer is the fact that it wasn't the right color. Many people looking to cover dark under eye circles think that the lighter the concealer the better. In this industry I always compare things to basic coloring. If you had a dark tan canvas and drew a line on it with a purple crayon, a light tan crayon wouldn't cover the purple nor would it match the dark tan canvas. You would still see the purple tone behind the tan crayon, it would be a mess. Our faces are no different. The best thing you can do for your under eye bags is get a concealer that is your correct color. Never opt for the lighter shade because it just won't cover correctly. So that's that, right off the bat I knew the color wouldn't work right. That aside, there is still the formula to judge. As for coverage, as I had mentioned it didn't work well for me because it wasn't the right color. That aside, I am not sold on the fact that this is a "full" coverage concealer. I would classify it as "light to medium" rather than "medium to full" coverage.

A plus to the concealer is that I absolutely loved the consistency: creamy, smooth, easy to blend. I COULD have used this as a light to medium coverage concealer because I loved the consistency but I wouldn't. I would never purchase this concealer for $30 because I can't get past the fact that this concealer boasts "one for all". Is there a disclaimer that I missed somewhere that said "one for all unless you have dry skin"? Within a few hours my under eyes were creasing and caking. When your makeup looks like it is actually trying to escape your face, that is not okay. So here we are with another review that I hoped would be positive but it was not. As I always say on my not so positive reviews, I hope in no way to deter anyone from purchasing or trying out any product they have an interest in or want to try. You should always draw your own conclusion just as I have done.

Watch my first impression of the Nars Concealer and other samples I tried.
  

I hope you enjoyed this post and/or found it useful! To continue to show support for me and my efforts, check out my cruelty-free, woman-owned small business, made in the USA! https://www.roxdollcosmetics.com/
It's the hair, scalp, and skincare you DESERVE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW OLD SHOES HAUL TRY ON SHOE COLLECTION

What Happened To Me After I Left LimeLight By Alcone

Gloss, Glaze, Toner, what's the difference?