Are All Makeup Brush Cleaners and Dryers The Same? REVIEW

My friends and family nail their gift giving every year, it never fails, Christmas 2017 was no different. Makeup and beauty products, gift cards, cozy PJs, warm slippers, a kitchen aid, the ring security camera, the ninja blender (#adulting), concert tickets, a 3 month birch box subscription and of course a funko pop Jareth from the Labyrinth (what's the opposite of #adulting?). On top of all that, my mom and sister separately both got me a Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer. My mom was a little bummed when she saw me open the gift from my sister. I personally was excited to receive two slightly different ones so that I can compare them for you!
So after doing a little research, I believe these were both probably purchased from Amazon. My mom is obsessed with Amazon Prime and my sister always has packages delivered to her house. If that isn't proof enough, I also believe the two I received are dupes or less expensive versions of the "StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer" MSRP $65. The Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer that my sister got for me is the top image in the black box, it doesn't have a brand. My mom got me the one in the white box, the brand appears to be "Miracleaner". The white box also refers to the spinning brush cleaner tool as the "Miracleaner". For the sake of this blog, I will be referring to one as the "Black box" and the other as the "White box". The tool that they both have will be called the "Miracleaner". I believe both the black box and the white box are right around $29.99. Now let's start comparing based on first look. The boxes look very different. Based on the boxes I honestly didn't know just how different these would be from one another. When I opened them I noticed some similarities and some noticeable cosmetic differences.
Similarities:
  • Perform the same function
  • Have a "miracleaner" tool
  • Miracleaner requires 2 AAA batteries (not included)
  • Bowl
  • 8 Cylinder attachments from 5mm-30mm
  • 1 base for cyliner attachments

Cosmetic differences:
  • Bowls are different shapes. Black box: bowl is more pear shape. White box: bowl is more of an cauldron shape.
  • The Miracleaner tool is black in the black box and white with rose gold color in the white box.
  • The cylinder attachments, black box: labeled in size 5mm-30mm and are triangle shape where it attaches to the Miracleaner tool. The white box: cylinders are not labeled in size but when compared, they are the same size as the black box. Where it attaches to the Miracleaner tool, it is a hexagon shape.
Now lets get into the similarities and differences in performance. They both serve the same function, to clean and dry the brushes in seconds. Do they both stand up to the test? Yes, but this wouldn't be a post if I didn't get into details so here goes.


Facts:
You have to hold the Miracleaner tool the way it is shown in this picture. you need to have a firm grip for it to properly function. I know this by trial and error. I cleaned every single brush in my professional kit, it took me about two hours. Towards the end, I started to get lazy and was not holding the Miracleaner the correct way. I thought the batteries in both were starting to die but they weren't, it was just the way I was holding the tool. It has to be held in an upright position when in use.

On both the black and white Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer, the smallest cylinder attachment has additional slits where you can fit your extra thin brushes, for example an angled brush or eyeliner brush. Since the cleaner operates by rapidly rotating the brushes via the Miracleaner tool, you want to make sure the brush is snug in the cylinder. The cylinders are rubber so they do provide stretch, it is best to always opt for the smaller cylinder when unsure.

Useful tips:
  • Line up all similar sized makeup brush handles and clean in order from smallest to largest or largest to smallest, it will help you get into a rhythm. This will save time you time because you won't have to swap out the cylinder attachment after each makeup brush.
  • I have heard people complain that it doesn't work great for larger foundation brushes. If you are experiences this, I would opt for a different cleaning agent. I typically use shampoo because it cleans well and will be gentle enough to not cause breakouts. If I find that the shampoo and water isn't strong enough to break down the cream/liquid foundation or concealer, I would use either a hand soap or an brush cleaner liquid to get the job done. I did have to change the water and add more shampoo after every 5-10 brushes, depending on how much makeup they had on them.
I get it, not everyone is going to have both the black box and white box Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer. So which do I prefer? Lucky for me I don't have to choose! They are both great options if you have a few select brushes that you need to clean and use immediately. Also great if you have time to spend cleaning each brush in your collection. The black box has a better Miracleaner tool. The white box has a better shaped bowl which made less mess. If I had to choose one over the other, I would choose the black box because the Miracleaner tool is more powerful and therefore, more efficient at cleaning and drying. Also the rubber cylinders in from the black box seem to be a little more sturdy. Hope this helps anyone that is in the market for a Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer!

I hope you enjoyed this post and/or found it useful! To continue to show support for me and my efforts, check out my cruelty-free, woman-owned small business, made in the USA! https://www.roxdollcosmetics.com/
It's the hair, scalp, and skincare you DESERVE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW OLD SHOES HAUL TRY ON SHOE COLLECTION

What Happened To Me After I Left LimeLight By Alcone

Gloss, Glaze, Toner, what's the difference?