Etherealist Foundation by Kevyn Aucoin REVIEW


Let's just get really really real with this review. I am borderline tired of always having negative reviews on products that some people think are amazing. I understand that everyone's skin is different because it's literally my job as a makeup artist to understand that everyone's skin is different- but here's the story anyway. I picked up a few of the Etherealist Foundations by Kevyn Aucoin because they were on sale at TJ Maxx and I thought SCORE! Getting a $58 foundation for almost half the price is truly amazing. I picked up every shade that I could find. For an original price tag of $58, it had to be good right?

So I tested it on myself first, as I always do. If you are a professional makeup artist or an aspiring one, I always recommend trying it on yourself first. This will give you a good understanding of the best way to apply and use a product. You know your skin and yourself better than you know the skin of someone you just met. To give you an understanding of the canvas I was working with... my face is dry and I am also a bit sensitive.

I used the Kevyn Aucoin Etherealist Foundation and within an hour of application my husband told me that my face looked like it was cracking. Once I looked in the mirror I couldn't agree more. The good news is, it didn't irritate my sensitive skin. Just made me look like I had lizard skin.

I still use this foundation professionally for those who have oily skin. I haven't seen or heard any complaints. It applies absolutely beautiful but unfortunately if you have dry skin, it eventually cracks on your face. There are many other foundations out there for dry skin that work better, from drug store to high end. So if you have dry skin, save yourself the $$ and pass on this foundation.

Here is a video of me using this foundation on my sister in law as we did this fun and brightly colored tutorial. As you can see the foundation looks beautiful because her skin is more on the oily side. Whether you have dry skin, oily skin, combo skin or normal skin- if you want to try this foundation I suggest searching your local TJ Maxx before committing to the Sephora price tag!



I hope you enjoyed this post and/or found it useful! To continue to show support for me and my efforts, check out my cruelty-free, woman-owned small business, made in the USA! https://www.roxdollcosmetics.com/
It's the hair, scalp, and skincare you DESERVE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW OLD SHOES HAUL TRY ON SHOE COLLECTION

What Happened To Me After I Left LimeLight By Alcone

Gloss, Glaze, Toner, what's the difference?