Work Hard, Dream Big, Eat Cake.


I was going through old inventory images and came across these beauties. It's not only important to remember where you started from, but it's also hilarious. Keg and cooler plus the corner of a beer pong table, priorities. I used to set up my camera in the backyard, put a timer on it, then run in my heels to try to pose in time for the pictures. A few outfits would take me an entire day. My head looking weird and not making it in front of the camera before the 10 second timer was the story of my life. After I would find a some what decent picture, I would do some serious cropping to not show the keg, cooler and everything else.


My favorite part about these pictures (besides the fact that the black poncho is completely sold out) is that this part of our house no longer exists. This was the door off the kitchen into our backyard. That doorway still exists but now it is opened into our mudroom. This area where I'm standing is actually the starting point to our extension. It is hard to remember what it was like before and it's glorious to imagine what it will be like when construction is over. Fingers crossed, by the Summer we will be comfortably living. In case you are browsing through my poshmark and come across pictures in front of this door (because you will), I hope it makes you think of hard work and dedication. I hope it makes you dream a little bigger knowing that you can do anything you put your mind and heart into. Including but not limited to, single-handedly running an online retail store, a consigning business, becoming a youtuber and a blogger, while not quitting my day job of being a hair stylist and makeup artist.. all while making it through building a house off the back of our house.

Humbly I urge you to figure out what you want in life, because that will be the only thing(s) worth the work you will need to put in to achieve your goals. Remember the worst doesn't last forever. Stay patient and keep on dreaming and doing. Eventually you will get to where you want to go. During your journey, don't forget to take a deep breath and a look around every once in a while to appreciate every moment you can.

Our home progress from the view from the backyard from start to finish:
 
 



Looking forward to sharing more of our life's journey with you all! Until next time, you're beautiful, remember that! As always, work hard, dream big, eat cake.

I hope you enjoyed this post and/or found it useful! To continue to show support for me and my efforts, check out my cruelty-free, woman-owned small business, made in the USA! https://www.roxdollcosmetics.com/
It's the hair, scalp, and skincare you DESERVE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW OLD SHOES HAUL TRY ON SHOE COLLECTION

What Happened To Me After I Left LimeLight By Alcone

Gloss, Glaze, Toner, what's the difference?