Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation & Primer Review

2018 has been a funny year for my posts. If you are new hear, welcome, my name is Erika and I am a small business owner/hair stylist/makeup artist/YouTuber and blogger that strongly dislikes leaving bad reviews for companies, products and services. If you've been here before you know that rather than leave a bad review, I would just skip the reviewing process all together. That was until 2018 when I set a goal to actually USE the products that I already own and to stop hoarding samples. With this I decided that good or bad I would review each and every product I use. I honestly can't remember the last time I wrote a positive here on my blog, until today. I receive the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation & Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer as a sample from Sephora with purchase. As I always do, here is the shortened copy and pasted description from Sephora: 

"Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation:Coverage: ✔ Medium Skin type: ✔ Sensitive ✔ Normal ✔ Dry ✔ Combination ✔ Oily Finish: ✔ Matte  What it is: A soft matte, long-wear foundation with buildable, medium-to-full coverage, in a boundary-breaking range of shades. What it does: Finally—the ultimate photo filter in foundation form. Born in 40 boundary-breaking shades, Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation gives skin an instantly smooth, pore-diffused, shine-free finish that easily builds to medium to full coverage. The oil-free formula is made with climate-adaptive technology that’s resistant to sweat and humidity, and won’t clog pores so that wherever you are, it’s going to work on your skin. Best of all, this longwearing, light-as-air texture is undetectable on skin—so you always look like you. Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer:What it is: A shine-stopping, pore-diffusing primer that smooths the way for better foundation application and longer wear with an instant retouch effect."

My skin: Very dry, NW25-30 in MAC cosmetic concealers depending on the time of year and 25-35 in Maybelline fit me concealers. I think it's important to give you the details, because everyone's skin is different. What works from some, may not work for all. Before we take this review to the next level, let's clear the air. I don't play into the hype behind products, brands or celebrity endorsements/products. People are people, some people go to work as actors and actresses, others go to work to waiters and waitresses, others go to work at nursing homes, others work to teach kids, other work to save lives. The one thing we all have in common is that we are all people trying to make a living and enjoy life in our own ways. Did I make it clear that my review in no way, shape or form has anything to do with the name behind the brand? To be honest, I didn't have any expectations for this foundation/primer. I probably wouldn't have ever reached for this sample if I didn't set that goal for 2018 that I previously mentioned.I tried the primer first, it has a very strong smell of baby powder. I have sensitive skin and strong fragrances would normally cause skin irritation, bumps and hives. This primer did not irritate my skin. Having said that, if you don't like strongly scented makeup products, you might want to skip the primer. As I put on the foundation, the baby powder smell would kick up. I didn't know if the foundation had the same smell, but I later realized they don't, just the primer. The primer and foundation combo was excellent when it came to distributing the foundation, it went on smooth and even. The foundation provided, in my opinion, an ideal amount of coverage, not too heavy, not too light. It's definitely medium coverage. It made my skin look flawless, fresh and natural. It didn't cake, crease or look over done. The swatches shown above, in light to dark are numbers 150, 220, 340, 420. 220 was pretty much my exact match. I loved the foundation so much that I used the darker shades as a contour. I also tried to wrap up the remaining foundation samples so I can use it again in the future. That didn't work out as planned. In the future I do plan to purchase the Fenty Beauty Foundation, it was up there on my top 3 foundations ever used. I am very impressed. Having said that, just as I always say in my reviews, you should always draw your own conclusion just as I have done.


Watch my first impression on the Fenty Beauty Foundation and Primer samples along with other samples.

I hope you enjoyed this post and/or found it useful! To continue to show support for me and my efforts, check out my cruelty-free, woman-owned small business, made in the USA! https://www.roxdollcosmetics.com/
It's the hair, scalp, and skincare you DESERVE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW OLD SHOES HAUL TRY ON SHOE COLLECTION

What Happened To Me After I Left LimeLight By Alcone

Gloss, Glaze, Toner, what's the difference?