Weekend of Weddings

 Last month I had back to back weddings for friends and family. Not only was I attending the weddings but I also had the honor to be a part of one of the special days by doing the hair and makeup for the maid of honor, a bridesmaid and the aunt of the bride. Sometimes wedding parties scatter and find their own accommodations for hair and makeup. Often times people are just comfortable using stylists they've used in the past. Believe me, I get it. Weddings are not the time to live or think outside the box. As I always tell my brides, if you're not comfortable wearing your hair down, your wedding day is not the time to do it. And if you're not comfortable wearing it up, again your wedding day is not the time. Your wedding day is not the time to be someone you're not comfortable being. It's a time to be the best version of yourself, in the beauty department at least. In my opinion, same goes for your stylist. If you have a stylist you're comfortable with, do a trial with them before you try someone new. If you don't have a stylist or makeup artist you are comfortable with then by all means test the waters until you are completely satistfied! Remember it's YOUR day. Do what works for you and what you feel comfortable with. The day might only be a few hours long but the memories (and the pictures) will last a lifetime!

The picture above is of course, me working on the bridesmaid's makeup. For her hair, I took inspiration from a picture on pinterest that she liked. It's important to be flexible and realistic when it comes to your hair and makeup. Trust that your stylist and or makeup artist will create a look that suits you best by using your pictures from pinterest as what they are, pure inspiration. After all that is what you are hiring him/her for. Your face, your head shape, your skin tone, hair color, eye shape, dress and accessories all play a factor in what makeup and hair styles will work for you. Throughout my work, I have been SO lucky to have full creativity when it comes to my clients. Love is trust and trust is love.

I hope you enjoyed this post and/or found it useful! To continue to show support for me and my efforts, check out my cruelty-free, woman-owned small business, made in the USA! https://www.roxdollcosmetics.com/
It's the hair, scalp, and skincare you DESERVE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW OLD SHOES HAUL TRY ON SHOE COLLECTION

What Happened To Me After I Left LimeLight By Alcone

Gloss, Glaze, Toner, what's the difference?